Thursday, June 9, 2016

OUR WEDDING STORY...Almost There: - Part #2

Yup, that's me, Anita! Not quite ready for marriage then.
(For part one of the Beginning of our Wedding Story, just click HERE)
Ever since I was about two or three, I wanted to find that special someone and get married. Just ask my Mom, she said I bluntly asked a boy when I was about 2 or 3...
"Are you gonna marry me or not?!"
Silence Broken
Back to our story...Yup, we didn't talk for about four years, maybe a bit more. Then one day, out of the blue,  the phone rang, it was Craig's familiar voice! He just decided to call to say hi. It was the end of June or beginning of July, 2001.  I was happy to hear from him, but I didn't let it go to my head
I am ready for marriage then!
or anything, I just said to myself that I should remember to try harder, to keep in better contact with him as a friend, that his call didn't mean anything more than that. (Ya, right!)
Actually, I felt kind of bad because I hadn't thought of him at all during the "silent" years. Maybe once, I may have pondered the question,  I wonder what happened to Craig B...?
Boyfriend?
A week or so after his call, my sister literally, talked me into hopping on the City's weekend only,  wheelchair accessible Bus to a local Park. Terrified of going so far on my own, worried about being able to return alright, I fought her all the way. But as often would happen, my sister was able to convince me to meet her and her family out there. Nervous? Yes! But, I made the correct bus connections and before I knew it, I made it out there before them!
As I waited for them to show up, I suddenly was struck with the remembrance that Craig B lived out here! Using my mobile phone, I called him to let him know what was happening and asked if it was okay if we walked over to see him. I had never been to his house/camp before. When my family got there I told them about this fellow Craig and how we were going to his home. Off we went. I hadn't actually seen him in about four years and boy, did he look different than I last remembered. His hair was much greyer and he had just changed some how. I had to actually focus on reminding myself that this is the
He's a handsome bloke~
same Craig B that you once knew. We didn't stay long, but after we exited, my alway funny brother-in-law said quietly to me, "Nice to meet your boyfriend!" My response was a shocked, "N, way! He's not my boyfriend!" Oh, little did I know just how quickly I would discover my dear brother in law was right, as if he knew something we didn't.

To Be Continued...


SaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave

No comments: